Reports to: Head of Technical Design
Department: Technical Design
Location: South West/ Remote working possible
To provide quality site surveys and integrated technical design and 2D architectural drawings packages for commercial customers and supply chain.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To assist in the production of high-quality, accurate 2D working architectural drawings using the latest AutoCAD software, including site survey detail and full build drawings (elevations, proposed plans, floor schedules, RCP’s, door schedules etc)
- To work with a design brief received either directly from a client or from internal stakeholders. Discuss and negotiate a planned approach with the HOTD and create the required drawings package to a high standard and within specified timescale. Communicate progress via standard channels
- To interact and work closely with key stakeholders (Divisional Directors/Managers, Project Managers, Project Coordinators) in conjunction with Approved Building Authority Inspectors, to provide technical assistance as required
- To assist the Technical Design Team with nationwide measured site surveys and the processing of scanned data (full training will be provided)
- To review own drawings for completeness prior to the internal checking procedure. Maintain all revisions of project drawings, including drawing issues sheets and department administration
- Ensure drawings are compliant with industry and health and safety standards and protocols. Keep abreast of changes to regulations and legislation and ensure that these are reflected in working practices and procedures
- Follow and comply with all policies and procedures of Resolution Interiors which includes the Health and Safety procedures, ensuring personal safety and the safeguarding of the interests and safety of all staff, visitors, and contractors
- Ensure a contribution and adherence to delivering the quality and information security policies and systems across the business
- Uphold the values of Resolution Interiors Ltd
- Carry out other duties relevant to your post as reasonably required by management
Please send your CV and covering application as to why we should consider you to:
To ensure that your application makes it to the right person, please specify within the email subject: “CV application, YOUR NAME, and JOB ROLE”
Who are we?
We are a turnkey, fit out and refurbishment specialist working across the public and private sectors. We deliver commercial and public environments that fulfill their purpose, maximise potential and sustain future value throughout our clients’ property estates. We work across a number of different sectors – retail, leisure and hospitality, commercial and finance and public and government.
Our team of eagle-eyed project managers, trend setting designers and meticulous technical experts each bring something unique to the table and have helped us achieve a solid industry reputation.
Over 20 years’ experience has enabled us to enjoy significant growth and diversification into complementary sectors in the UK and beyond, and now we have an exciting opening in our project management team.
Clients include: B&Q, Department for Work and Pensions, Virgin Holidays, Clarks, Screwfix, The Royal British Legion, Leek United Building Society and The Science Museum Group, to name a few!
If you’re the right candidate you’ll have…
- Experience working within the building industry producing architectural drawings
- 2D AutoCAD
- MS Office suite
- Experience working within the retail interiors industry, either within a retail design practice, spatial planner, architectural practice or product design practice
- Measured building surveys using Faro 3D scanner, use of Scene and PointCAB
- Working knowledge of current BIM versions with an emphasis on Revit
- SAGE 200 or similar
You’ll be …
- Creative and inspiring approach to work
- Proactive in managing client and business needs in addition to workload
- A flexible and agile mindset to work effectively in a fast paced and changeable environment
- Must be prepared to travel throughout the UK when required
You’ll need to have
- Level 3 qualification in 2D computer aided Design, Engineering or Equivalent
- A Levels or equivalent
- Valid UK driving licence
What we can offer you
- A competitive salary (£DOE)
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays) and enhanced holiday entitlement with length of service
- Discretionary bonus scheme